Best ways to avoid an Accident | Car Tips
If you feel uncomfortable behind the wheel or know someone who is a dangerous driver, it is a good idea to know ways to avoid an Accident. Having this knowledge and sharing it with your friends and family will help to reduce the unnecessary amount of accidents and deaths that come from automobile collisions.
- Position all Mirrors. Adjust the mirrors so you can see as much of the road as possible both beside and behind you.
- Be aware of the flow of the traffic. To make sure you can be ready for any unexpected moves, always keep your eyes on what the vehicles around you are doing.
- Know your vehicle. Since all vehicles are not the same, you need to know the capabilities of your own vehicle so you know how fast you can drive it while staying safe.
- Avoid the left lane. If you’re uncomfortable driving, you will need the most available escape routes possible. Also, most highway accidents occur on the left lane.
- Maintain a 3 second lead. If you’re too close to the vehicle in front of you, you do not have enough time to react if something goes wrong.
- Avoid hazardous conditions. More accidents occur at night time or when the weather is not optimal. It’s safest if you drive during a clear day
- Be aware of pedestrians and pets. Kids, runners and animals all make spontaneous decisions so make sure you give yourself enough time to react in case they surprise you.
Patrick Britton – Guest Blogger