Top 5 Test Drive To-Dos
After narrowing down your selection of a New or Used vehicle the next thing to do is? No, not the price. Take the vehicle you have selected for a test drive!
Here are 5 things you should do when test driving a car…
1. Bring the whole family if this vehicle is going to be used as the primary vehicle for your household. Though a vehicle may seem to meet everything your family needs it is best to load it up with everyone and try it.
2. Get a better feel for the vehicle’s performance. Things like acceleration, handling and braking are noticeable when driving a vehicle around. It also gives you a chance to test how well it absorbs bumps on the road and properly assess the overall comfort level.
3. Simulate the driving conditions that will be part of the daily routine for that vehicle. So if you do a lot of stop and go driving, make sure that you drive the car on streets that have that kind of traffic. If you tend to drive on the highway, put it on a nearby highway to test it out.
4. Ask questions. The test drive gives the car dealer an opportunity to explain the vehicle’s features so be sure to ask away!
5. While the car is stopped in a safe area, it’s a good idea to get in and out of the car a few times and make sure that it is relatively easy for you to do so.
You should feel comfortable that you have thoroughly checked out a vehicle before buying it, and a test drive is the best way to do it. Don’t forget to have fun!