What to do if You’re in an Accident
What to do if you’re in an accident… The most dangerous thing you do every day is step into a vehicle. While no one wants to think about it, you are taking a risk every time you drive so it’s important you know what to do if you’re in an accident.
Here are five steps you should take when you get into a car crash.
- Make sure you’re calm: After an accident, you will most likely be overwhelmed so it’s important that you calm yourself down before you handle the situation.
- Make sure you’re safe: If you’re not seriously injured than try to move your car to the side of the road, away from other traffic. If you can’t drive, than either call 911 and/or turn on your hazard lights so you can get help.
- Make sure everyone else in the crash is safe: Check with the other drivers and other passengers to see if they’re 100%. If not, you should call 911 to request emergency assistance.
- Take down information of other drivers: Make sure to check the other driver’s license and jot down their name, address, phone number, license plate, insurance and Insurance Company.
- Make notes: Try to get as much information down as possible about the accident so the court and insurance companies will get a better idea of who is responsible. Draw a sketch of the accident, take pictures of any damage to your vehicle or the road and try to get down any witnesses’ names.
Patrick Britton – Guest Blogger